There are various organizations that can provide assistance on housing, shelter or rent needs to the families or individuals in need. Below is a list of organization and their contact information.
- Alachua County Social Services
- (352) 264-6750 6750
- Catholic Charities
- (352) 372-0294 (352) 372-0294
- Community Action Agency
- (352) 373-7667 (352) 373-7667
- Eldercare of Alachua County (60+ utility only)
- (352) 265-9040 (352) 265-9040
- Gainesville Community Ministry
- (352) 372-8162 (352) 372-8162
- High Springs Social Services
- (386) 454-1000 (386) 454-1000
- Salvation Army (utility only)
- (352) 376-1743 (352) 376-1743
- Family Promise of Gainesville https://www.familypromisegvl.org/
Support for homeless families with children
Agencies and Programs in Orlando
For affordable housing, quality day care or utility assistance, personal crises, or seeking help with an aging parent in Orlando and Central Florida area, check out United Way 211 website for more info.
U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
General information about obtaining subsidized and low-income housing, visit the website link below.
Alachua County Department of Growth Management
For information on housing assistance programs in Alachua County, visit the link
Alachua County Affordable Housing Coalition
For information on housing in Alachua County, please visit the link
Interfaith Hospitality Network of Greater Gainesville
A nonprofit organization created to provide shelter and comprehensive support for homeless families with children.
St. Francis House
St Francis House
413 South Main Street
Gainesville, FL 32601
Phone: (352) 378-9079 or (352) 378-9079
Preserve affordable homeownership for low-income residents by effectively addressing critical home repair needs while connecting communities and offering transforming experiences for volunteers and homeowners alike.
4550 SW 41st Boulevard